Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Bible Films Blog

One of the latest additions to my Blogroll is:

Bible Films Blog
Looking at film interpretations of the stories in the bible - past, present and future as well as current film releases with spiritual significance, and odd bits and pieces on the bible

The author is Matt Page and we have corresponded for some years now on Jesus films; I don't think we have ever met (though Matt lives in my birth county of Leicestershire). Matt has lots of interesting things to say about the Bible in film, and his knowledge on the subject is second to none. There is already a ton of interesting stuff on the Bible Films Blog and I am looking forward to digesting it when I get a moment (one of these days I will be able to find a spare moment) and, I hope, adding some comments.

Welcome to the blogosphere, Matt.

2 comments:

Matt Page said...

Thanks Mark,

I hadn't realised you were from Leicestershire. We haven't met by the way, and I guess you're move to the States means it's unlikely to happen in the near future.

Hope some of your readers find the blog interesting and useful.

Matt Page

Whit+ said...

Thanks for the link. I am currently teaching an Adult Ed. class at church called Jesus Movies. We use bits and pieces of Jesus film to look at specific issues (Jesus and Women, the disciples, Jesus' birth, etc) and things like the synoptic problem via comparison to how different directors tell the story in different ways for a particualar purpose. It is going well so far.

I can use this info!