Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Travel diary 1: Leaving Birmingham

Things have been quiet blog-wise because we have been packing up, giving away or throwing away all our earthly possessions and planning to leave Birmingham, England to move to North Carolina, USA. I had hoped to take a quick picture before leaving today to stick on the blog to mark the move, but we've accidentally packed the camera. We have a great deal to do when we arrive at the other end on Wednesday so I don't know how much time I'll have to blog, but of course the blogging machine goes with us in the hand luggage and it's my hope to get chance to continue my travel diary, if not to blog properly too. Meanwhile, it's a fond farewell to Birmingham, and the friends we've made here in what has been a happy and fruitful decade.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark,
I'm glad to here that you are finally on your way to NC. Happy traveling and getting settled in.

Whit+ said...

Safe travel to you and your family.

Michael said...

And so it begins...