Thursday, May 26, 2005

Jesus at the Movies in Cornwall

If you are in Cornwall in the south west of England on Saturday, I'm giving a day school on Jesus at the Movies. I'm going to turn this into a working holiday since it's too good an opportunity to miss, the sun, the sand, the sea, the seafood, the walks, the swimming, the picnics, the pasties and the relaxation. I can't wait. And I've promised my family that the "holiday" bit of "working holiday" means that I'll be leaving the blogging machine behind, along with all my academic books. (Might just sneak a pocket sized Greek NT in). I look forward to seeing you all when I'm back.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Hello Mark!
You write, in part,
"the pasties and the relaxation".
Before you come to the States, please be advised that if you go around telling people that you are looking for "pasties" they will understand you to mean women's lingerie. Beware! That might get you in some trouble!! ;-)
I hope your holiday went well (Epistolary aorist).

Anonymous said...

Ahem, it depends on which part of the "States" you go to or whether they've read any of Lillian Jackson Braun's "The Cat Who .." books as to whether they will order their pasties at a restaurant or a lingerie shop. :-)