Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Synoptic Problem Web Site makeover

Stephen Carlson's Synoptic Problem Home Page has begun a makeover, announced on Hypotyposeis and with comments already by Rubén Gómez and Tim Bulkeley. Here's the new site, with a slightly changed name:

Synoptic Problem Web Site

The major change is the CMS, now using Blogger. I like this idea and the site is looking great. There are precedents in the area, e.g. The Stoa Consortium or Ancient / Classical History. I have toyed with the idea myself for the New Testament Gateway proper, especially as this blog increases and, perhaps, in time the main gateway site decreases. If I were to do that, I'd keep the main page as a separate means of entry (as site map), but I would merge the blog and the gateway. But I'm not yet sure if that's desirable or appropriate, so for the time being it is the status quo but with an eye on those who are going down that route.

1 comment:

Stephen C. Carlson said...

I agree with your thought on keeping the current initial page for the NT Gateway. A static front page is no problem to implement.